PPRS Prison Match™ - Dr. M. JBlatstein
Physician Presentence Report Service's Bio:
Criminal Justice / Prison Reform is a large and complicated conversation-a goal we all wish to reach, and that day is always coming tomorrow - but to those facing incarceration, the post guilty verdict process with the PSR influences most of their (and their families) fears and future regarding prison placement; and that day is today!
- Providing qualified prison recommendations to the court before sentencing, taking into account both healthcare needs as well as specific interests the client may have in an occupational trade or higher learning.
- Reduce Recidivism by matching and nurturing the client's interest in a particular occupational trade or higher education, with appropriate prisons.
* One example lies in: The LastMile,a program started at San Quentin State Prison that teaches inmates how to code. Once released they now have a new chance at life and a career to look forward to.
PPRS Prison Match™;
The only service that "matches" the defendant to a prison based on their;
Primary 'Matching' Components; without the existence of extenuating circumstances, these appear to make up most of the placement process:
- 1. Individual medical and mental healthcare needs along with medication availability, in order to provide continuity of care.
- 2. Security requirements.
Secondary 'Matching' Components:
- 1. Accepting Responsibility.
- 2. If applicable: Education (college) aspirations (reducing recidivism).
- 3. If applicable: An existing interest in an occupational trade or apprenticeship training(reducing recidivism).
- 4. FPC v. a Satellite Camp-there is a significant difference.
- 5. Should the client's Public Safety Factor (PSF, page 4)support a reduced security level, it may also help to include this into their PSR.
- 6. Medical and Mental Healthcare; prosthesis's, medications and medical devices: bring with you (if you are self-surrendering), along with all physician's orders that should also be part of your PSR.
- 7. Is a special diet required? Whether religious or medical; appropriated relevant documentation has to be included in their PSR.
PPRS Prison Match™ with regard to state prisons provides only the medical portion that may affect the sentencing designation process, but there is no state prison matching at this time.
Physician Presentence Report Service's Interests & Activities:
Where you go and how much time you serve now impart depends on the Presentence Report and Interview. Your Presentence Report is one of your last attempts to put your best profile in front of the court in an honest & frank manner. The Presentence Report- with it: ●Judges will sentence you ●The BOP will use it to place you to a Prison via the office of DSCC (Designation and Sentence Computation Center) ●The Probation Officer uses it during supervised release. ● Remains forever on your record. As physicians we’ve treated thousands of new patients, asking them some of these very same questions every day, and now we’ re offering to do this for you. Our only goal is to help you and your families get positioned as best as possible. Together with your Legal Team; together we’ ll do the best we can.